Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

NARS Laguna Bronzer vs Soleil Tan de Chanel

Left: NARS Right: Chanel

I happen to be extremely fair-skinned, so the invention of bronzer is a gift from the gods! I apply it using an angled blush brush across my cheekbones, and dust it lightly across my forehead and down my nose.
NARS bronzer in 'Laguna' has been a favourite of mine for a while for contouring too, but more recently I have discovered the Moisturising Bronzing Powder from Chanel. Mine is in the shade 62 Terre Epice which provides a more natural-looking glow to the skin.

I originally ventured to the Chanel counter in order to try out the infamous Bronze Universel. However, as I suspected, it was far too dark for my skintone, and instead the MUA recommended the Moisturising Bronzing Powder. It comes in a beautiful velvet pouch with a free brush too, which is a bonus. I've tried out the brush and it is questionable, but then again it did come free. In terms of packaging, I definitely prefer Chanel. It is just so sleek! It is quite a lot lighter in colour than Laguna, and it is slightly shimmery.

NARS Laguna is a cult favourite on beauty blogs and channels, and unlike Tan de Chanel it is completely matte. It is a fair bit darker which is great for contouring, but when I apply it all over my face, being so fair it can be a bit 'much'.

For darker skintones I would definitely recommend Laguna (or for a cheaper alternative, try the contour shade in the Sleek Contour Kit), but for pale girls like me I'd try Terracotta.


No comments:

Post a Comment