Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thoughts: Benefit 'That Gal' Face Primer


I recently took the plunge and purchased a product that I have been lusting after for a while. The Benefit 'That Gal' Brightening Face Primer has rave reviews on the blogosphere, so I wanted to try it out for myself.
I bought it whilst in Brussels, in a Belgian department store called Inno. It cost me €29, but it retails for £21.50 in the UK (where I live). It's obvious what you're spending your money on: the packaging at Benefit is super-cute (although a tad unnecessary).
Actually getting the product out of the container is a little bit confusing, you have to remove the lid and twist the base until the product comes out of the holes at the top (get it?)
When the product finally did emerge, I was shocked - it was bright pink! I was a bit like wtf I'm not putting that on my skin. However, once I blended it into my skin with my fingers, it actually looked very natural. It smooths your skin and illuminates your face really nicely, and made my foundation go on a lot easier. It's only 11ml, so whether it's worth the money, I don't know. It's definitely very different to any other primer I've seen on the market, but I've yet to decide whether it's THE best.
Overall, a lovely product that I would definitely recommend if you have very fair skin like me. I'm not so sure how it would look on darker skin tones, as like I said, it is bright pink...
I'd also like to try the Smashbox Photofinish primer, so if I do invest in it expect a blog post later.

Lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment